The Centre for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (ZHL) already offers a broad variety of services in order to further develop teaching, support innovation and projects, and to encourage exchange on teaching. The workshops are open to teachers of all faculties, and partly open for teachers from all Bavarian universities.
The seminar program is funded by the University of Bayreuth and the state of Bavaria. A part of the costs has to be paid by course participants. In part, some of these expenses can be covered by the University of Bayreuth Graduate School Budget (UBTGS), the WiN Academy Bayreuth, or by the respective chair.
Please note our participation conditions (i.a. on registration, cancellation, waiting lists, course absence and conduct in seminars).
All participation fees comply with the length of the seminars (meaning work units à 45 minutes) as well as the status of each participant (full- or part-time employee, intern or extern of the University of Bayreuth). Single events are offered cost-neutral (i.a. Training for student tutors, the series “Digital Didactic Shorties” as well as single teaching workshops and peer networking).
- Two-day seminars, e.g. from 9 am to 5pm, 16 work units: 80€ (reduced: 48€*)
- 1½-day seminars, e.g. 9 am to 5 pm and 9 am to 12 pm, 12 work units: 60€ (reduced: 36 €*)
- One-day seminars, e.g. 9 am to 5 pm, 8 work units: 40€ (reduced: 24€*)
- Half-day seminars, e.g. 9 am to 12:15 pm, 4 work units: 20€ (reduced: 12€*)
- Short-Seminar offers, e.g. 2 pm to 3:30 pm, 2 work units: 10€ (reduced: 6€*)
* Reduced for part-time employees down to 74,9% working time. The fee refers to the total of all professional activities, whether university intern or extern. You are required to share your status upon registration.
Teachers at universities of applied sciences pay the fee for external participants, being 390€ per day as a rule. The same goes for all teachers at universities outside of Bavaria.
Please pay your participation fees in a timely manner.
By participating in ZHL courses, you will be credited with work units, which you can use to attain a higher education didactics certificate. Read more on that here.
If you find yourself unable to attend a seminar, up until 15 days beforehand you can autonomously unenrol for free on www.profilehreplus.de under “Mein ProfiLehrePlus” → “offene Seminare”. Until 14 days before the course, you have to state your cancellation in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be reimbursed your seminar fees, if another course participant takes your place. In any case, please unenrol from the course if you know you will not be able to attend.
- You can register for the courses on www.profilehreplus.de by signing in for your course of choice. You will have to register once beforehand. To do so, please use your business email address. Please keep our participation conditions in mind.
- Some courses require a fee. Please pay that fee on time. You will find all the information you need in the email, which we will send to you shortly after you have enrolled.
- You are taking part in a seminar. We recommend you visit all seminar units, and actively participate in workshops.
- By successfully taking part in seminars, you will gain work units (WU) which you can look into anytime on the enrollment platform “Mein ProfiLehrePlus”.
- If you take part in a certain amount of seminars from different areas, we can offer you a certificate for higher education teaching.
- The general interdisciplinary courses regularly take place each semester. Every semester, new course contents are added. If you have special interests or topic requests, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com