Designing courses in a competence oriented way
17.07.2023 , 09:00 - 17:00 Uhr
ZHL der Universität Bayreuth Nürnbergerstr. 38, Bayreuth This workshop will be a on-site workshop. You are invited to come to classroom in Zapf Haus 4, Room 4.2.12-13.
This basic seminar is especially for university teachers (from foreign countries, not Germany) who are at the starting point of their teaching in Germany or who want or need to redesign their courses. In the seminar, we want to give you an overview of how to conceptualize your courses and explain to you which steps are important during the preparation process.
The design of the seminar is based on the principle of flipped classroom: In advance, you prepare the following topics in e-learning as asynchronous part:
- Open questions about German teaching in higher education
- Reflection on your role as a teacher and your understanding of teaching
- competence orientation and learning outcomes
- Planning models (constructive alignment, Berlin model of didactics)
Then, in the synchronous meeting, we will present and discuss concrete "tools" for the conceptual design of courses. You can create a first draft for the conception of one of your courses and will receive answers to your questions from didactic experts. Furthermore, we provide you with materials that support you in the conceptual design of your teaching. After the seminar, you are very welcome to take advantage of individual advice or individual coaching to further develop your concept.
- preparation within a Moodle course
- input from trainers
- work in small groups and individual work
Learning objectives of the seminar:
During the seminar, participants work on the following skills:
- Describing what competence-oriented teaching is
- Explaining important planning models in higher education teaching
- Applying the different steps of conceptualizing seminars/courses
- Focusing teaching on the learning processes of the students with (digital) media and methods
- Reflecting own teaching
Calculation of working units:
You will receive 4 AE for the preparation of the seminar within the e-learning course and 8 AE for the synchronous meeting.
Link zur Anmeldung