Higher education didactics certificates
Certificates prove your participation at higher education didactic seminars. At the University of Bayreuth, you are able to attain three certificate levels of the Certificate for Higher Education Teaching at Bavarian Universities, as well as two Bayreuth-specific certificates.
- Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education of the Bavarian Universities – Basic Level (60 WU)
- Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education of the Bavarian Universities – Advanced Level (120 WU)
- Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education of the Bavarian Universities – Specialization Level (200 WU)
- Since 2017, the University of Bayreuth also offers the certificate “Advancing Teaching Learning Processes through Digital Resources at the University of Bayreuth” (60 WU), which exists parallel to the Certificates for Higher Education Teaching at the University of Bayreuth.
- Our newest certificate “Interculturally competent teaching” consists of 40 WU and was developed based on the activities of the Network Interculturality at the University of bayreuth.
All of these certificates prove your participation at higher education didactic events, and demonstrate your higher education didactic qualifications.
Organisational information on certificates and confirmation of participation
You will gain work units (WU) for any services you have participated in at the ZHL. Those include seminars, completed coachings, consultation meetings and hospitations. All sevices are assigned to ther respecitve subject focus (areas A - E).
Calculation of work units
For participating in a higher education didactic seminar, you will gain one work unit per 45 minutes. This calculation guide will help you:
- 2-day seminar – 16 WU
- 1,5-day seminar – 12 WU
- 1-day seminar – 8 WU
- 0,5-day seminar – 4 WU
For participating in a higher education didactic service, you will gain one work unit (WU) per 45 minutes.
Your certification can be found on the seminar platform “Mein ProfiLehrePlus” under the tab "Besuchte Seminare” shortly after you have completed the seminar. There you will also find your participation certification ready to download.
- Apply for certificatesEinklappen
You can apply for your certificate via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you will be informed by the ProfiLehrePlus system about your certificate acquisition. On www.profilehreplus.de, under the tab “Übersichtsseite”, you will find buttons that let you automatically request your certificate. You will then receive an email with all further information.
- In order to acquire the “Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education of the Bavarian Universities – Basic Level” you will need a total of 60 WU (at least 12 WU from areas A and B, and at least 8 WU from areas C to E).
- In order to acquire the “Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education of the Bavarian Universities – Advanced Level” you will need at least 120 WU (at least 25 WU from areas A,B and D, and at least 10 WU from areas C and E).
- In order to acquire the “Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education of the Bavarian Universities – Specialization Level” you need to have successfully completed the Advanced Level.
You can view the current status of your work units on the tab “Übersichtsseite” after logging onto www.profilehreplus.de .
You can apply for the certificate in German (standard) or in English. In the English version, all seminar titles will be translated into English. Please state your language preference during your application.
- Awarding certificatesEinklappen
Once a year, there is an official awarding ceremony for certificates. The ceremony is very festive, guests include the University’s Representative for Higher Education Teaching, Prof. Dr. Gabriela Paule, as well as the Vice President for Teaching and Students, Prof. Dr. Martin Huber. The event poses the perfect opportunity for exchange and informal discussions. The awarding ceremony will take about an hour.
The ceremony will be photographed, and a group photo will be published in a press release for the university’s campus magazine “ubt aktuell”.
After applying for a certificate, you will be informed on all further proceedings and invited to the ceremony via email.
- Recognition of work units from external (higher education didactics) further educationEinklappen
For your certificate, you can be credited with work units that were gained from former courses and seminars. Please note the following information:
- The event should be evidently linked to the topic of higher education didactics.
- The event has to be allocated to one of our higher education didactic subject areas.
- The duration, institution and , if possible, speaker of the event must be made evident, preferably through a participation certificate.
- Please note that we can solely credit further education and training, not academic courses.
- At most half of all work units for the certificate may come from external courses.
- The event must have taken place more than 6 years in the past.
Our crediting system follows the standards of the German Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hochschuldidaktik (dghd).Please contact us if you have any remaining questions.
- Visit "Mein ProfiLehrePlus" and go to the tab “Besuchte Seminare”. There, you can manually create a seminar (“manuell angelegtes Seminar”) and fill in your data. Please spell everything correctly.
- From the list “Verantwortlicher Koordinator” choose “PD Dr. Frank Meyer”.
- Upload your participation certificate as a PDF or JPG file, take note of the conditions at the top of your screen.
- Click on “Bestätigung anfordern”.
- If you are having trouble applying, this tutorial will help you.
- We will look into your request and credit your work units accordingly. You can find them under “Besuchte Seminare”.